The Tilton family is the second owner of the property. The property was a revolutionary war grant to Dudley Prescott. Robert and Bertha Tilton bought the property from the Prescott family in 1954. In 1989, Richard, Joanne, and their son Rich took ownership and renamed the business Resort on the Bay. Resort on the Bay is a seasonal campground and is open from Memorial Day Weekend until Columbus Day Weekend.